Hello friends of Deaf Camps, Inc.!
As you know, COVID precautions can change on a week-to-week basis. Still, we wanted to give you a few updates based on what we know right now:
- Deaf & ASL Camp at Manidokan is scheduled for July 24-29, 2022.
- Campers: registration will open in early February at the Retreat & Camping Ministries website. Capacity is likely to be limited again this year. This year Deaf Campers & ASL Campers will be integrated in the same groups, separated only by age. Campers will probably have very limited interaction outside of their age group.
- Counselors: New counselors (ages 18 and up) may apply on or soon after March 15 of each year. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the application instructions.
- CITs: We have not yet decided if we can have 16- and 17-year-old Counselors in Training this year. We will make a decision by our meeting in mid-March. Our decision will be announced on our website and via our mailing list. Applications are found here and are due May 15th.
- Interpreter interns: The procedure for applying has not changed. More information is here.
- Young Adult Deaf Camp at West River is scheduled for June 19-24, 2022. This program is for campers ages 18+ who are deaf with disabilities. Interested campers or volunteers can contact email@example.com for more information.
We’ll be back with updates when we have something new to share!
Happy New Year!